Ecole Centrale de Lyon
Université de Lyon
36 avenue Guy de Collongue
69134 Ecully cedex
+33 (0) 472 18 61 18
My research concerns the development and dissemination of antibiotic resistance in anthropogenically-polluted environments. My work is mainly focused on the effects of antibiotic pollution on environmental bacteria and their associated resistome and the relationships between antibiotic dose and the response observed in environmental bacteria. My research addresses the selective potential of sub-inhibitory concentrations of antibiotics in situ and the role that environmental physico-chemical properties play in the interaction between antibiotics and environmental bacteria, using a combination of metagenomics and qPCR/RT-qPCR. In addition, I’m interested in the effects of anthropogenic activity (not necessarily antibiotic pollution) on resistance development in the environment and the potential dissemination of environmental resistance to the human microbiome, as well as the consequences of antibiotic use in the human microbiome.
- Present. Post-Doc at Ecole Centrale de Lyon.
- January 2018 – March 2021. PhD student at University of Lyon and Promega Corporation.
- May 2016 – June 2017. Applications Specialist at Promega Corporation.
- 2021. PhD in Bio-Engineering. University of Lyon
- 2016. Masters in Molecular Biology Applied to Biotechnological Enterprises. University of Granada.
- 2015. Degree in Basic and Experimental Biomedicine. University of Seville.
- Guironnet A, Sanchez-Cid C, Vogel TM, Wiest L, Vulliet E. Aminoglycosides analysis optimization using ion pairing liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry and application on wastewater samples. J Chromatogr A. 2021 Aug 16;1651:462133. doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2021.462133
- Sanchez-Cid C; Guironnet A, Wiest L, Vulliet E, . Antibiotics 2021, 10;191. doi.org/10.3390/ antibiotics10020191
- MICROBES – 15ème Congres national de la Société Française de Microbiologie. October 2019, Paris (France) : « Gentamicin at sub-inhibitory concentrations induces a response in the environmental resistome”.
- 8th Symposium on Antimicrobial Resistance in Animals and the Environment (ARAE). July 2019, Tours (France): “Environmental resistome transcriptional response to gentamicin pollution at sub-inhibitory concentrations ».
- World Microbe Forum. June 2021. “Sub-inhibitory concentrations of gentamicin select for resistance in the environment”.
- 4th Thünen Symposium on Soil Microbiology. December 2019, Braunschweig (Germany): “Sequencing depth has more effect than DNA extraction on bacterial richness discovery”.
- 5th International Symposium on the Environmental Dimension of Antibiotic Resistance (EDAR). June 2019, Hong Kong: “Environmental resistome transcriptional response to gentamicin pollution”.
- 17th International Symposium on Microbial Ecology (ISME). August 2018, Leipzig (Germany): “What role does transcription play in antibiotic resistance gene dispersion to human microbiome bacteria?”.