Ecole Centrale de Lyon
Université de Lyon
36 avenue Guy de Collongue
69134 Ecully cedex
My main research interest is the ecology of the nitrogen cycle and especially the assessment of the impact of agrochemicals to microbial functioning in the N-cycle using in vitro and molecular approaches. In my PhD study I will work on the in vitro assessment of the toxicity of pesticides on ammonia oxidizing microorganisms and other microorganisms participating in the nitrification process.
- 2021-current: PhD Student in project ARISTO: The European industry – Academia network for revising and advancing the assessment of the soil microbial toxicity of pesticides. http://aristo.bio.uth.gr/index.php Title of thesis: In vitro assessment of the toxicity of pesticides on AOM.
- 2019-2021: Research Assistant in project “NITRIC: Looking up for Novel Nitrification Inhibitors: New Stories with old compounds”, Laboratory of Plant and Environmental Biotechnology, Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, School of Health Sciences, University of Thessaly. http://nitric.bio.uth.gr/
- 2019-2020: Master in Biotechnology-Quality Assessment in Nutrition and the Environment, Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, University of Thessaly, Greece
- 2014-2018: Bachelor in Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, University of Thessaly, Greece
- Papadopoulou, E.S, Bachtsevani, E., Lampronikou, E., Adamou E., Katsaouni A., Thion, C., Vasileiadis, S., Menkissoglu-Spiroudi, U., Nico, G. W., Karpouzas,D.G. (2020) Comparison of Novel and Established Nitrification Inhibitors Relevant to Agriculture on Soil Ammonia- and Nitrite-Oxidizing Isolates. Frontiers in Microbiology. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2020.581283